Scroll down for a photograph.
|S.S. Gertrude Kellogg, originally S.S. Gladysbe (Design 1031, Terry variant) on 19 November 1943. The ships of Design 1031 built by the Terry S.B. Co., Savannah, Georgia, had two regular masts, one forward of and one aft of the bridge. The drawing above shows a wartime variant of this rig that was probably not used because all of these ships were completed well after the end of the war. (NARA: RG-80-G-272166)|