Klickitat (AOG-64) Class: Photographs

These photographs were selected to show the original configuration of this class and major subsequent modifications. For most classes many other photographs exist.
For more complete online collections of U. S. Navy ship photographs see in particular the NHHC Online Library of Selected Images and the NavSource Photo Archive.

Click on the small photograph to prompt a larger view of the same image.

USS Klickitat (AOG-64)

Off Mayport, Florida near her builder's yard on 28 July 1945.

Photo No. Unknown
Source: U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command

 
USS Klickitat (AOG-64)

Off Mayport, Florida near her builder's yard on 28 July 1945.

Photo No. 19-N-86707
Source: U.S. National Archives, RG-19-LCM

 
USS Klickitat (AOG-64)

Off Mayport, Florida near her builder's yard on 28 July 1945.

Photo No. 19-N-86706
Source: U.S. National Archives, RG-19-LCM

 
USS Klickitat (AOG-64)

Off Mayport, Florida near her builder's yard on 28 July 1945.

Photo No. 19-N-86702
Source: U.S. National Archives, RG-19-LCM

 
USNS Peconic (T-AOG-68)

In service with MSTS during the 1950s.

Photo No. 80-G-1031941
Source: U.S. National Archives, RG-80-G

 
USNS Peconic (T-AOG-68)

In service with MSTS during the 1950s.

Photo No. Unknown
Source: U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command

 
USNS Peconic (T-AOG-68)

At New York on 3 April 1950.
Note the unusual shape of the front of the after superstructure. While the ship was in civilian hands between 1946 and 1948 her streamlined dummy smokestack was converted to a deckhouse with a short stack at the after end.

Photo No. 19-N-135376
Source: U.S. National Archives, RG-19-LCM

 
Argentine Navy tanker Punta Delgada

Commissioned as USS Nanticoke (AOG-66) but quickly returned to the Maritime Commission after the war, this ship served in the Argentine Navy from 1948 to 1985.

Photo No. None
Source: Shipscribe

 
Colombian Navy tanker Sancho Jimeno

Begun as USS Kiamichi (AOG-73) but sold commercially before completion, this ship served in the Colombian Navy from 1952 to 1974.

Photo No. NH 45343
Source: U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command